Wednesday, December 2, 2009

North Pole bound

Dear Santa

How are you? I am fine. How's the weather over there in the N Pole? The weather here in LA is pretty sweet. There's a lot of black pollution floating in the air, but I guess that's expected. So, I guess it's a pretty busy time of year for you, huh? Have you managed to get any breaks? Oh yeah?Uh oh! Sounds pretty badass, how'd that go over with the Mrs.? Sounds about right. To be honest Santa, I've never heard of whiskey doing anyone any good. Well, I guess you learned your lesson. You're not a spring chick anymore. Nor are you a raging alcoholic, so don't try and act like one!

Anyhow Sants, do you mind if I call you Sants? Cool. So Sants, I was hoping you might be able to hook me up with a job. I know we haven't talked in awhile and it's kind of presumptuous of me to ask out of the blue, but I gotta level with ya. Fiscally, 2009's been a rough year. I mean REAL rough. Kind of like I'm back in college rough. I'm sure you've done all your seasonal hiring considering it's already December 2nd (where did the year go!?) and all, but I figure it's worth a shot. You'll never know unless you try, right?

I'm working pretty hard these days in order to get things going writing wise, but that bridge is a tough bitch to cross! I bet you felt the same way when you left insurance and went into the Christmas business. I know the first year is the roughest and you have to just put your head down and battle through, but I'm thinking it might be nice to have a semi-padded wallet when I trip up and fall on my ass every once in awhile. Sigh. I remember those days. Too bad it's taken me not having any to learn the value of a dollar, huh? Classic.

Well, I guess I better wrap it up (Get it? WRAP it up! Just a little work humour for ya!) and carry on with my evening. I was in a helluva mood all day and haven't really gotten anything done because of it. Now I'm so far behind I might be first. Shoot me an email or give me a shout when you have a sec. Even if you don't have any extra work, it'd be great to catch up. You still haven't told me about your cruise. How was it!?

Lots of love and peace and whiskey breath. Peace, Sants!

Marcie

No comments:

Post a Comment