Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Double D

I have that familiar feeling from when I was a kid and I'd get a new diary with a chintzy little lock and the first entry would say something along the lines of,

"I promise to write in you everyday!"

My next entry would be,

"I can't believe I haven't written in you for TWO WEEKS! I promise to write in you everyday from here on out!"

Next,

"I'm now 37 with two kids, diary, and I know I've said it before, but I PROMISE to write in you everyday!"

I think that struggle with my lame little diary has actually turned out to be a metaphor for my life. I'm full of the best intentions, but completely false promises.

2 comments:

  1. Marcie! I didn't know you had a blog, nor that you checked out my blog! Stoked!!! Love you girl.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marcie. We're on the same page as usual. But we're about to change that I SWEAR!

    ReplyDelete