Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bear



Halloween is my ultimate fave time of year. I like Christmas because people feel like they have to be nice and after forcing themselves to behave a certain way they usually fall into line and realize it's nice to be nice, but over all it's a lot of build up and stress for one day.

Halloween isn't like that. (Unless you get all hyped when everyone says they'll dress up and then they all bail at the last minute leaving you a sobbing mess of flesh... but I got over that. I'm my own dude.) Halloween is a nationally recognized excuse to dress like absolutely anything you want while parading around in the dark. And you get to carve pumpkins and hand out/receive candy. Am I missing something? How has everyone not caught onto the brilliance? How can anyone possibly think this sounds like a chore!?

I was a little sad because I thought I wouldn't have anything to get out to this year, but am pleased to announce, I have plans! Brad and I are going to a halloween party. A real Halloween party, with decorations and costumes! I also get to host a pumpkin carving night like I like to do. This shit's shaping up, kids! AND I decorated our apartment real spooky like! Our mantle looks fanfreakintastic!

Once again, in typical Marcie fashion, I've been pondering costumes all year, but can't remember any of them. Except the fallback plan of Robert Plant, but I think that's just too easy and not nearly witty enough. Maybe I could go as Robert Planter? Robert with a planter's wart? Or Robert Planters Peanut? The top half of Robert with the bottom half of a peanut? Hmm... that just might work.

This post is pretty pointless and it was all just a way to show you another picture from the MOCA. It was the one thing Brad and I thought was mind meltingly cool. It might also be the inspiration to his costume. I want him to dress up as it, just in case someone saw the exhibit. I want someone to walk up and say:

Contemporary art, huh? Very cool!



3 comments:

  1. Ew....I hate it! It's creepy and it may give me bad dreams!

    Ps- I think you should dress up as a Q-tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the flood Marcie?

    Shanna, you think Marcie should dress up as my former self?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Zzzzzzing! Spankie I think you should dress up as your old self, a Qtip, going as Qtip the rapper.

    ReplyDelete